Exploring a Shared Island Approach - 6th October 11am Online
About this event
This event is the second of a series of online panels exploring a shared island approach to reducing inequality, understanding social change, and promoting social inclusion. The Taoiseach launched the series in May 2022.
This second panel will focus on social inclusion in the Irish border region and will be held online on October 6th from 11-12.
Panelists to date include:
- Andy Hallewell (ICBAN- Irish Central Border Area Network)
- Professor Peter Shirlow (Director at the University of Liverpool’s Institute of Irish Studies)
The borderlands of Ireland are amongst the most disadvantaged and deprived areas of the island. Although the UK has now left EU, the full impact of Brexit and the NI Protocol on the Irish border area remains undefined.
This panel will discuss:
- How are social inclusion and peace connected?
- How cross-border and inter-communal cooperation can assist the most marginalized and vulnerable groups?
- What policies and legislation would build inclusive prosperity in the Irish border region?
Zoom access details will be sent closer to the event date