What we are
TASC is an independent think-tank whose core focus is addressing inequality and sustaining democracy.
What we are for
As a public education charity (CHY 14778), TASC engages in research and public outreach concerning inequality, democracy, and their interrelation in the current political and social environment. Through its work, TASC seeks to increase public knowledge of economic and social policy, improve working conditions, and contribute to positive social change in Ireland and the EU. TASC regularly produces policy analyses and presents evidence-based proposals that inform government decision-making and promote public engagement with the policy-making process.
What we do
TASC's projects (listed under Research & Policy) are designed to analyse issues related to economic inequality.
TASC's major outputs include:
- An annual Inequality Report
- Ongoing research on Working Conditions in Ireland
- Regular analysis of key aspects of economic and social policy
- A Toolkit to Open Government - a set of ten guides to how government works and how citizens can play a part in decisions that affect our lives
- A six part RTÉ podcast series, How to be an Active Citizen aimed at helping listeners to be active citizens in their own lives. The series combines real-life examples with practical advice from experts and activists about how our government and institutions work and how we can get involved in decisions that affect us. The podcasts are free to listen, download and share.
- Our Annual Conference, in association with the Brussels think tank, the Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)
- Other seminars, publications and blogs
Join the conversation
TASC hosts regular lunchtime seminars with invited experts and academics in our offices in Dublin 2. Details on upcoming seminars are available on our Events page.
We produce a monthly newsletter in collaboration with our partners FEPS. This contains a selection of blogs, opinion pieces and podcasts, as well as updates about our projects, events and research. Read past issues of the TASC Newsletter. Sign up for the newsletter.
TASC is the trading name of Tasc Europe Studies Company Ltd (T/A TASC). Registered Address: Hill House, 26 Sion Hill Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9. Company No. 342993. CHY 14778.