Cherishing all Equally 2020: Inequality and the Care Economy
Wednesday 14 October - 10.30am Dublin Time 11.30am Brussels Time
This event marks the launch of the FEPS-TASC report "Cherishing All Equally - Inequality and the Care Economy" which analyses how care workers are faced with multiple inequalities offering an EU-wide comparison whilst taking a closer look to the Irish case.
The distribution of care plays a central role in the formation of inequality between women and men. The structure of care provision or the distribution of caring responsibilities is perhaps the largest single factor in the continuation of gender inequalities.
As Europe emerges from the COVID-19 crisis, a long-overdue conversation needs to be had about the value we place on care work, which is disproportionately shouldered by women.
Please register directly with FEPS for this event.
Confirmed speakers to date
- Orla O’Connor, Director, National Women’s Council of Ireland
- Lesia Radelicki, Cabinet Member of Commissioner Helena Dalli, European Commission, EU/Belgium
- Jennifer Carroll MacNeil, TD, Fine Gael
- Mari Huupponen, Public health scientist and Trade Unionist, Kommunal (Municipal Workers' Union), Sweden
- Jennifer Whitmore, TD, Social Democrats
- László Andor, Secretary General, FEPS
- Mary Daly, Oxford University
- Shana Cohen, Director, TASC
- Rob Sweeney, Researcher on Inequality, FEPS-TASC
- Laeticia Thissen, Policy Advisor on Gender Equality, FEPS