Book Launch: 'Upsetting the Applecart: Tax-based Industrial Strategy in Ireland and Europe'
This event happened on 18th October 2018
Upsetting the Applecart: Tax-based industrial strategy in Ireland and Europe can be purchased via the following links:
Upsetting the Applecart: Tax-Based Industrial Policy for Ireland and Europe examines the role of multinational enterprises in increasing inequality. Its expert authors offer a radical new analysis of the issues including the ineffective taxation of multi-national enterprises, tax avoidance through widespread use of tax havens in Ireland and elsewhere, and the need for an alternative and effective industrial policy.
The book launch will include contributions from expert speakers followed by a panel discussion with the book's authors.
- Keynote Speaker, Simon Bowers, Investigative Journalist
- Justin Nogarede, Digital Policy Advisor, FEPS
- Michael McCarthy Flynn, Senior Research and Policy Coordinator, Oxfam Ireland
- David Jacobson, Book Editor and Professor Emeritus of DCU Business School
Panel Discussion with Book Authors:
- David Jacobson, Professor Emeritus of DCU Business School
- Esmé Berkhout, Policy Advisor on Tax Justice and Inequality, Oxfam
- James Stewart, Professor of Finance, TCD Business School
- Eoin O'Malley, Economist and Member of TASC's Industrial Policy Commission
- Moderator: Sean O’Riain, Professor of Sociology, Maynooth University
Buswells Hotel, 23-27 Molesworth Street, Dublin 2